RAW Photography UK – specialising in music & arts event photography. Alan Raw has a unique insight as a successful Art Curator, BBC DJ/Presenter, Session Musician & Stage Manager. Alan understands, loves and has lived festival life, shooting for BBC Sessions, Artists, Labels, Festivals, Magazines, Websites and Exhibitions for over 20 years from analogue film to mirror-less digital. Currently supported by Fujifilm and Lomography and using the Fujifilm XT4 digital & Lomo Lenses at many festivals including WOMAD, Leeds Festival, Radio 1’s Big Weekend & Freedom Festival. Alan has curated PhotoCity London, Hull International Photography Festival and the HIP Gallery.
He is always In demand for festival coverage by websites and magazines and has also run instagram profiles for BBC Introducing shows and music festivals.
- Achievements & Experience: Curating PhotoCity London, Starting and successfully running Hull International Photography Festival for 7 years (the biggest annual photography festival in the UK). He has multiple awards including the 3 Outstanding Media Awards, Outstanding Contribution To Music Award from Yorkshire Gig Guide, Sony Gold BBC Station of the year (presenter), Royal Television Society Award for visual online media (Team effort), Universal Zulu Nation Wisdom Award & BBC Gillard Award for interactive media.
- CEO & Curator at The Creative & Cultural Organisation.
- Photography tutor for WEA.
- Lomography featured photographer, sponsored by LomographyUK to shoot at Festivals as a Lomoamigo since 2015.
- Trained as a Camera Skills Tutor by Sony, Camera Trainer for BBC LearnXpress & BBC CitizenH.
- Worked in video/film/TV production as cameraman for MTV & ITV.
- Producer BBCi & BBC radio
- Location manager UK Today & BBC2 (My Life As A Child).
- Media Coordinator & BTEC Tutor for Creative Media Production at Sine FM
- Photo-walk leader for Fujiholics (now Photoholics).